Friday, January 11, 2013
Four Courts Press Top Ten
Four Courts Press have reported that 2012 was very successful for the Press. This is a list of their Top 10 selling books for the year.
(1) The Case of the Craughwell Prisoners during the Land War in Co. Galway, 1879-85, Pat Finnegan.
(2) Francoise Henry in Co. Mayo: The Inishkeas Journals, Janet T. Marquardt, editor.
(3) The Otherworld: Music and Song from Irish Tradition, Ríonach uí Ógáin & Tom Sherlock, editors.
(4) The Friars in Ireland, 1224–1540, Colmán Ó Clabaigh OSB.
(5) Sligo, The Irish Revolution, 1912-23, Michael Farry.
(6) The Boyne Currach: from beneath the shadow of Newgrange, Claidhbh Ó Gibne.
(7) Benedict XVI and beauty in Sacred Music, Janet E. Rutherford, editor.
(8) Dunluce Castle: History and Archaeology, Colin Breen.
(9) The Path of Mercy: The life of Catherine McAuley, Mary C. Sullivan.
(10) Colonial Ireland, 1169-1369, Robin Frame.
All of these titles are available to order via www.fourcourtspress.ie
I'm delighted my Sligo volume has sold relatively well, especially since it was published only at the end of November. It must have appeared in lots of Christmas stockings!!