The Stony Thursday Book was founded by Limerick poets John Liddy and Jim Burke in 1975 and is one of the longest-running literary journals in Ireland and celebrates its 39th Anniversary Edition in 2014. This year's editor is Peter Sirr.
Peter Sirr has published eight collections of poetry with Gallery Press, including The Thing Is, 2009, winner of the Michael Hartnett Award, and a Selected Poems, 2005, also published in the US by Wake Forest University Press. Currently, as well as writing, he teaches Literary Translation in Trinity College Dublin. He is a member of Aosdána.
Submissions are being sought in both English and Irish.
How to Submit:
- Each poet should send no more than 6 poems.
- Submitted poems must be previously unpublished.
- Submissions are being accepted by email and by post.
- When submitting poems in hardcopy please write your name and address on
each page. Please mark envelopes: ‘The Stony Thursday Book 2014’.
- When submitting by email please reference ‘TSTB 2014’ in your subject line.
Send poems to: The Stony Thursday Book 2014, Arts Office, Limerick City and County Council, City
Hall, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick or by email to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Submissions: Friday 8th August 2014.
CUISLE, Limerick City International Poetry Festival will take place in Limerick from 15th - 18th October 2014 and is funded by Limerick City of Culture 2014, The Arts Council; Limerick City and County Council.