Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Markethill, Armagh Public Sculpture


Yesterday I drove through the small town of Markethill, Co Armagh on the road from Newry to Armagh. I was struck by some magnificent public sculptures of cows in the town.

I didn't stop to explore further or take photographs but a little internet research has come up with some pictures and the information that the animals are by Northern Irish artist Kevin Killeen. His web page from which the picture above comes is here.

There's another picture of one of the sculptures here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love coming across sculpture around Ireland. I like the motorway ones especially. Like the white bull on the way to Limerick with the man on the other side of the road pulling; although I think they've been moved whilst the N7 is being upgraded.

Also more cows on the other side of Limerick on the way to Kerry via Adare. They're just at the end of the dual carriageway, as you head south.