Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scunthorpe Lose Again


It's that type of day. You flick around, find a match half over and start watching, get interested, get involved, watch it to the end. I don't support Scunthorpe, not much of an idea where it is actually, but they were one nil down when I started watching so I found myself wanting them to win. Come on the underdogs! They lost three nil in the end. Ah well!

A poem by Peter Knaggs with the title Scunthorpe Police Swoop on Lunatic Bean Fetish Man got a commendation in the National Poetry Society Competition 2003 the year Colette Bryce won it.

Hope weather has improved enough by Monday evening to go to the Francis Ledwidge Poetry Competition presentation in Inchicore to collect my commendation.

Congratulations to Boyne Writers Group member Brendan Carey Kinane who got a Highly Commended in the Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Competition. The winner and runners up are on the website but not the commended yet.

No comments: