Saturday, September 11, 2010
I've got this award from very versatile blogger Niamh, thank you!
I have to list seven things about myself. Here goes.
1. I was born in the first half of the last century of the last millenium and go to Mass every Sunday.
2. I have written many poems about my grandparents. Well only three of them actually. (Three grandparents not three poems - more than three poems.)
3. Nuala O'Faolain read a poem of mine on Radio Éireann in 1969 or early 1970. I didn't get any money for it and no you can't see it, I don't have it any more. I didn't write any more for 34 years.
4. I think Dundrum Shopping Centre is the worst of its kind. Compared to it Blanchardstown is Paradise, Liffey Valley Purgatory.
5. Rex Ingram is my favourite movie director at the moment, Lillian Gish (or maybe Alice Terry) my favourite actress.
6. My favourite painting is Manet's A Bar at the Folies-Bergere or else anything by Jack B Yeats.
7. My favourite poem is Dante's The Divine Comedy or maybe How My Interest in Polish Poetry was Aroused by myself.